torsdag 19 februari 2009

Skiing in Japan

Like i mentioned in the last post, right after my friend Knät left, I went to Japan, what I didn't tell you was why I went. The main reason was not, as one might suspect, to go sightseeing. I allready did that in 2004 when i went on a round trip with my family, just to let you know. 

Well, then we went on a group trip and had a guide that spoek japanese, not so this time. Let me tell you, going to a strange new country own your own is a very humbling experience. The culture is different, you do npot speak the language at all and you dont know how anything works. And unlike when I came to Taiwan, there was no International Service Centre to help me.

So there I was in this outlandish place trying to figure out how to get to the ski resort. I diod not know where to go or how to get there, I did not know what was expensive and what was cheap or what snacks that might be good in the 7-11. Everything felt new and wierd and I had no one to talk to about it all and it made me feel very small indeed. 

Inga kommentarer: