söndag 22 augusti 2010

Arild and around

There has not been much activity from my side for the past week or so, the reason is that I have been in my family’s summer house in Arild, Skåne, to put it simply, without internet access.  So, to tell you all about it, I could turn this in to a gigantic post but I have decided to try to keep it short.

For those of you who dont know, Arild is a small village on the edge of the mountain Kulla berg in northwestern Skåne. We were slightly unlucky with the weather during our week there but we still had a nice time. We did standard summer-house-by-the-sea stuff like cleaning the garden and swimming in the sea. We also visited some nearby attractions like the picturesque town of Mölle and the lighthouse at the tip of the peninsula. Even though i had seen most of these places I enjoyed the little excursions, mostly because I got to try out my brand new drivers license. We also made an excursion to Nimis, the big installation out on a rather inaccessible beach. It is a nice walk there over the cliffs and big rocks and finally there is the installation itself.

We also made a trip to Wanås castle, the castle itself is not very interesting but the park surrounding it is full of artwork that is very nice. My favourite are the big red balls stuck in random trees. Except for that we also made a short daytrip to Denmark and on the last day we decided to burn some leaves and twigs in the garden and when we were almost done the fire brigade roared in to the yard ready to put out the blaze. We managed to persuade them that it was under control and they left without using any equipment.

Now we are back in Göteborg for the last few days and will mostly take it easy.

Inga kommentarer: