onsdag 8 december 2010

Day two in Korea

The day started with the visa debacle. I went all the way to the Taiwanese embassy, started filling out the forms only to discover i forgot to bring my passport. So i had to go back to the hostel, get the passport then return to the embassy to fill everything in. I have to wait until Friday to get it, I just hope i will not be rejected and be stuck here (I might add that I had to go to Korea for a new visa becasue I got confused about the period of my old one, thinking it was 90 days when in fact it was 60 and I ended up overstaying).

Having taken care of that I had about half a day to kill so i visited the two royal palaces. They are both rather similar to the forbidden city in Beijing although they were less colourful which I like,  it looks more genuine some how. Too bad it was cold as hell in my insufficient winter clothes. When the palaces closed i went around to the Nandaemun market to look around a bit and that was the end of the day. I was hoping to get to the DMZ tomorrow but there is too much trouble with north Korea tomorrow so I have no idea what to do.

Inga kommentarer: