onsdag 29 december 2010

My brother in Taiwan

This morning, my brother left the country after being here for about ten days. The reason I havn’t written anything while he was here is that I have been busy having fun with him and his girlfriend. A short summery of what we have done is to follow.

Since they arrived on a Sunday evening me and Yini just took them to a teppanyaki restaurant for some dinner and then let them sleep after traveling for a long time. Monday we took them around in the city centre a bit then down to the beach and ended with Japanese bbq

. PC192746

Me, Tedde, Lisa PC192750 PC192755

A stroll on the beach PC202761 Japanese BBQ

 

Tuesday me and Yini were both very busy so we sent them off to Taipei with some instructions for the metro and tips on what to see. They did some shopping in Ximen and, of course, saw Taipei 101. Here are a few of their photos:

DSCN1491 DSCN1505 DSCN1507

In and around Taipei 101

On Wednesday me and Yini had more time so we met up in Taipei and took the Maokong gondola up in the mountains. We had some tea up there – drinking tea is the thing to do – and looked at nature. Then we went to Shilin night market for some Taiwanese style entertainment before heading home again.

DSCN1564 DSCN1566

from the gondola

P1050901

The pot holes in the river

P1050902

Have some tea!

On thursday they explored Taipei a bit more and we met up with them later that evening and got on a train for Hualian but since this post is getting big I will tell you more about that next time.

Inga kommentarer: