onsdag 26 augusti 2009

Girlfriend adventure continues

From the home base at my parrents house me and Yini set out for stockholm the next day. First up the old town which we passed through on the way to our hostel. The little streets are really nice and I realized, as I never have before, that it is indeed possibly to be a tourist in your own country and something that i have to do more. Of course I let Yini lead the way, and go look in whatever streets and shops she desired since this trip was for her. Because of this (though I in now way blame her) i lost my way and we ended up by the royal palace at the wrong side of the island (everything in stockholm is an island). It was more spectacualr than I remembered and we were in time to see that changing of the gaurds. We did not in fact watch the actuall change as the crowds were to big but we met the soldiers coming in on our way out. 


Small alley in old town

The square in old town

Soldiers by the roral palace

Our hostel


The view from the hostel window

When we had found or way back to the right side of the island we walked to our hostel which was inside an old boat. There we rested for a while then went tothe Vasa museum whre they display the old Vasa ship which they fished out of the see, nearly intact, after it sank some 300 years ago. It was more marvelous than i can remeber and Yini loved it. When we had looked at old wood long enough we left and met up with my brother Tedde and had dinner and talked for several hours.


Some old boat called... oh yeah, the Vasa

Nice artwork on the back of the boat, and a cute girl

Discussion after dinner


Sunset view of Stockholm


Me, my girl and my brother

Inga kommentarer: