torsdag 17 juli 2008

On Chinese

Learning Chinese is hard. Like any normal language there is grammar and vocabulary, but unlike normal languages, there are also the Chinese characters, which include stroke order. But all that is actually rather simple, the hard part is the pronunciation. Firstly most words are poorly romanised which mares that it is hard to pronounce, but the really hard thing is the tone. The meaning of a word changes depending on how you say it so that a word can have up to 5 different meanings.

Despite all this I find that it is going quit well. So far I have managed to order noodles, buy beer and understand the price. Not to mention that I can even read some characters. With some more practice,l think l can do this, and it is interesting enough for me to keep Studying. I must admit it has been a long time Since I enjoyed school this much.

Just to let you know, all this has been written with the nifty little pen for my new computer, that allows me to write on the screen as on paper. Please note that l now own a computer, so pictures will arrive shortly.

Inga kommentarer: