torsdag 25 december 2008

After my visit to Ngong Ping I decide to head out to the beach at Repulse Bay. By Sheer luck I get of at just the right bus stop and start to explore. It seems that, at night, Repulse bay is a drag, and it is only a little after eight. The place is completely dead and I am about to give up when I find a small promenade by the beach. Even though it is empty it is quite beautiful and I decide to stay at least a little while. I eat dinner at the only restaurant I can find, Pizza hut, which is curiously luxurious. Then I head down to the beach and walk right down to the waters edge. I even take of my shoes and go into the water. I is cold but not deadly and I actually think of skinny dipping, but think better of it since I lack any form of towel. There is something special about beaches at night, just sitting and watching the waves makes me calm. And sit I do, right there on the beach – with my jacket on since it is getting cold, I am really happy I lugged it around all day – the lights of Repulse bay on both sides and dark land masses further out. But mostly I watch the dark water lazily braking on the sand. It clears my mind and I gain some kind of peace just sitting there for a while. 


Inga kommentarer: