torsdag 25 december 2008

I hurry away from central to the promenade by the water on the other side. I find a good spot at the edge and just look out over it. It is here, from a distance, that the splendor of the monster that is central becomes evident. Just walking among the tall buildings getting a stiff neck does not cover it although you do get a feel for the stressful atmosphere. Having a more than 180 degree field of view full of high rises ablaze in more colors than I care to count is awesome. But the real reason I came here is not only the view, but the light show that the city puts on every night. It is rather cool and having worked with theater lights I wish I have their light rig but I am actually rather unimpressed by the show. The best part by far is the view but you can only look at that for so long. Having visited several night markets in Taiwan I now decide to try one H-K style.  

As I am looking for the correct street I walk by someone passing out leaflets. As this has been happening all day I pass him by without a second glance. Then, two meters down the road, the next man – who is from the same company, jumps on me. He happens to be the best salesman I have ever met and before I have had time to consciously register what he is saying I am headed for the Indian restaurant he has pointed out – this man could sell sand I Sahara. I guess Indian food might have been a facilitator, I have been varying Chinese and western cousin for so long that a break in that routine is welcome. It is by far the best food I have had for a while. So far I am feeling happier than in a long time and eating better food than in a long time – and its only day one.

Inga kommentarer: